Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I got that “I’m Really in London Feeling”

After my last post I went out to see the city. I took the underground to Waterloo Station, which is a very large underground stop. From there I walked up and back down the south bank of the Thames River. I saw the London eye there too. It was somewhat overcast but still really nice out.

From there, I went along the Westminster Walk. It took me across the westminister bridge, by the house of parliament, the statue of boadicea, westminister abbey, the horse gaurds, and ended in Trafalgar Square

I had my first lunch in London at The Chandos Pub’s Opera Room- fish and chips with a pint.


From there, I spent the rest of the afternoon in the National art gallery. Pretty awesome stuff. I couldn’t take pictures of the pieces but below are some of the ones I really liked.

http://www.oceansbridge.com/paintings/collections/museum-national-gallery-london/big/CanalettoXXVenice_The_Feast_Day_of_Saint_Roch_1735.jpg
Venice, the Feast: Canelleto

http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/en_easyart/lg/3/0/An-Experiment-on-a-Bird-in-the-Air-Pump--1768-Joseph-Wright-Of-Derby-300114.jpg
An experiment on a Bird: Wright


I’ve got really bad jet lag and am working hard to stay awake. Its gonna be a tough one.. and I still haven’t showered.

No comments:

Post a Comment